Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Mixed Media Dragonfly Canvas!

Happy Tuesday everyone! I got some more studio time last night after dinner, I bought the Tim Holtz bigs dragonfly die a while back and decided to compose something with that.

I started out with a 10x10 canvas,I stenciled Modeling paste through three different stencils. Crafters Workshop Mini Art Is stencil,Crafters Workshop Mini Time Travel stencil and one of Dyan Reavely's Arrows stencils.

Black lace tulle! So pretty huh?

Now grabbing all my embellishments I gave them a layer of black gesso

Here you see I covered my fully dry canvas with black gesso. Using that pretty black lace tulle and some gel medium I secured it down. I also ripped cardboard and did the same thing with that. Now we have a nice base to work on!

with more gel medium I'm adding all my embellishments

Here is the center piece! My dragonfly! I used my sizzix to cut it out and used a wooden arrow from my stash, using some jute twine I rapped the arrow till I was satisfied and glued it down on top of the dragonfly to appear as the body.

I decided on Lindy's Stamp gang sprays, Shabby Turbine Teal, Rusty Lantern Lime, and Steampunk Sepia. I was going for a dark grungy look and knew these would be perfect on the black gesso!

This is with just the Steampunk Sepia spray, Can you see the subtle shine?

After adding the other two colors 
Here is the wax I use to give it some highlights. Finnabair Art Alchemy Metallique wax in Vintage Gold, Made by Prima.
I took the wax spread some on my hand and used it as my pallet, adding it to just the very top of the embellishments. I also watered down some white gesso and splattered it in the center of the canvas. 
Annnd I'm calling it DONE! 



Have An Awesome rest of the day and thank you for stopping by!
-Nicole









No comments:

Post a Comment

Deep Sea Diver Gear

Deep Sea Diver Gear With Crafting On A Budget (Mai Larsen) I Got the Stamperia Sea world paper from Crafting on a budget I started by Cuttin...