Monday, October 23, 2017

Altered Wooden Heart Plaque

Hello Lovely People!!!! Today I'm showing you this beautiful altered wooden heart plaque!


                                                          First I gave it a light sanding.


Then a nice coat of white Gesso


Once the gesso is good and dry I added Texture Paste White Crackle through a Crafters Workshop Stencil (Harlequin)



Here I'm just figuring out my composition.


I chose some chipboard from scrapiniec  and resin from some of my silicone molds.


These are the nuance powders I used  and a home made yellow spray.


I sprayed yellow and used a water bottle to tone the color down dabbing with a baby wipe, I then sprinkled on my nuance powders in Nutmeg and Blue Lagune.


Using the same technique, Spraying with water and dabbing off some. You can really see the colors seep down into the crackle paste. Love this effect!


Close up of that crackle!


Using gel medium I attached all my embellishments.


So here is where It went down hill! I LOVE finnabairs waxes! So I decided to highlight the resin with them, but then I did the edge of the heart to. I just didnt like this look at all! I was wanting light and airy. So I went back over that with white Gesso. easy peasy fix!

taking acrylic paint,just the cheap stuff! I watered it down and splashed yellow blue and gold.I then printed out my sentiment covered it with matte gel medium edged it with the same gold wax and fastened that on for the finished look!






I get most of my art supplies From a great shop with a fabulous owner! I'm adding links below for items I used If you want to try out any of these techniques yourself! thanks so much for stopping by
Nicole












No comments:

Post a Comment

Deep Sea Diver Gear

Deep Sea Diver Gear With Crafting On A Budget (Mai Larsen) I Got the Stamperia Sea world paper from Crafting on a budget I started by Cuttin...