Monday, October 16, 2017

Altered Dress Form

Hi! Hello! Happy Monday!! Today I'm sharing with you My altered dress form! Quite large, Coming in at over 18 inches tall! Lets just jump right to it!
 Here is the dress form in its plain `ol Glory
                   Next I started added layers Of Finnabairs Patina Effect Paste with a sponge dabber To just the top half of the dress form.

At this point I set her aside and started on the wings,I grabbed an old box and cut it into the shape I wanted.I could have cut it as one whole piece but my box wasn't big enough.I then used some large brads and fastened them together and stuck some E600 in between for good measure.
 Next I used and old Hymnal Book and cut out Feathers with a spellbinders feather die,any old book would do just fine though.
Using Mod Podge I Glued them suckers on the front and back
After using my heating tool to speed up the drying I covered the whole thing with Clear Gesso
and Gel Stain made by ArtC. But the options here are endless! 
I then spritzed it with Lindy's Stamp Gang Spray (Steampunk Sepia) 
This next step is for her top, I used paper from Tim Holtz 12x12 Dapper paper collection.Aren't these ruler papers just perfect? I glued them down on some thick chipboard using some tombow glue, after cutting them to my desired length I used a sanding block and ruffed up the edges
Taking old lace ribbon, that's actually new lace ribbon from my local dollar tree and tied some brown and black lace tulle onto it for a grungy looking tutu.
Cutting a whole in her stomack I used thick twine and sewed in a couple stitches for her wings. I made a big enough flap to get my hand in there to pull the twine through. I also added some heavy body gel in between her back and the wings to make sure they were nice and sturdy. I added yellow brads to the wholes to give it a more intentional look.
ANNNNNDDDD this is where I forgot to take pictures But I can still walk ya through
I lined up my measuring tape/rulers and glued them in place with heavy body gel cut a thin piece of tulle and rapped it around her waist. I wanted something there to hold the Measuring tape/rulers in place until the glue dried all the way. I decided to keep it after a wile of debating.I tied her tutu around her waist and she was ready for embellishments!
Using heavy body gel I added some cogs and gears,some of finnabairs clock parts,Flowers and butterflies 
right here is her lovely cleavage! using heavy gel again I spred it out all along where her top meets her chest area and sprinkled seed beads,glitter,mica flakes and sequins (basicaly anything shiny that was setting on my desk)
And the last thing was added this Faux lightbulb, I just cut a whole slapped some heavybody gell and pushed it in there!! Thats It!

I hope you all enjoyed my little tutorial and first blog post! 




  



4 comments:

  1. I think this is a piece of wonder. I love everything you have done to
    bring a plain dress form to this spectacular piece of art. It's brilliant. Thanks for the step by step. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is honestly one of my most favorite projects that I have seen lately. You have made such a beautiful piece. Gorgeous patina on the form and the wings are amazing! Love the way the “rulers” surround her waist. Truly awesome! Nice blog post too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann I couldn't Thank you enough for your sweet comment!!Thankyou so much! so glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete

Deep Sea Diver Gear

Deep Sea Diver Gear With Crafting On A Budget (Mai Larsen) I Got the Stamperia Sea world paper from Crafting on a budget I started by Cuttin...